THE ART ACADEMY’s National Art Competition 2018-19 is a great way to build your confidence in exhibiting your talent and gain exposure for your artwork.
- The competition is open to all ages.
- Whole schools and individual students are welcome to participate.
- Each entrant is acknowledged with a certificate of participation.
Cash Prizes for Adults
Gift prizes for children
1st Prize – Eco Dot Smart Speaker with Alexa
2nd Prize – iBall Dazzle i7 Tablet
3rd Prize – boAt Super Bass Rockerz Bluetooth Headphones
Submissions are made online and via post. The paintings are presented in a gallery exhibition. The entries are featured on our online gallery and via our social media pages. Only residents of India are eligible for prizes.
THEME – India 2040
The exhibition will be based on the futuristic theme, India in the year 2040. You are encouraged to visualise a futuristic representation of our sentiments, hopes, culture, customs, cuisine, language, art, academics, society, values, or setting. India and her sky is the limit
Based on the criteria of the ‘India 2040’ theme, artworks will be selected, showcasing the best of as many different genres and varied media as possible.
The National Art Competition – 2018 is open for entries from 1 November 2018. Last date for Online submission is 15th January 2019 and Offline Submission is 18th January 2019.
Entry FEE is Rs. 150 per entry.
Schools and institutes have a ‘10 children’ entry offer for FREE* – please email Admin (email@example.com) for details. Students aged 16 and over entering the competition under the school have to pay Rs. 150 / each.
Judging will take place and the winners will be announced on the 26th January 2019 where our Judge will select the winning works. Entrants will be notified by email of the results, and the winners and finalist’s works will be displayed from the 26th of January 2019 to the 7th of February 2019.
Judging of the artwork will be based on the following elements:
- Clarity of representation of the theme to the viewer.
- Creativity and originality in expressing the theme.
- Overall design and artistic composition based on the theme.
- Overall impression of the art.
***Authenticating the creator behind the artworks – Keep a visual RECORD of your creation. Make a short video clip of yourself creating your submission. The video must be 1 minute long, recording the different stages of your entry.
It may be requested at a later period to validate the originator of the art.
Submit a 100 – 150-word description along of your artwork.
The write-up should describe
- Your representation of the theme.
- The inspiration behind your artwork.
- The media used and why.
- What do you hope its viewers will feel/think?
- The style you chose and why?
Types of media accepted
Acrylic / Poster / Watercolor /Gouache Painting
Pencil/ Charcoal Sketching
All artwork is to be prepared on A3 Drawing Paper / Ivory Sheet / Buff paper
Ensure that you picture in entered into your exhibition is;
- Good colour or image quality. Ensure that the submission is not only an exceptional piece of art, but the colours are balanced and represent the original colours of the art.
Low quality and washed out images will be not be accepted as they will not display well on the site. The artist should remember that we are trying to put on a good show for the viewers.
- Tidy. Ensure that the images are not framed, crooked, show backgrounds, watermarks or large and over-sized artist signatures.
Even if the art is exceptional, we shall not consider such images for the exhibition.
- Complete and well-written submission materials. Ensure that the submission form is complete, well written and within the word limit.
Submissions that are incomplete, poorly written or need to be updated or summarized, will not be used.
Read and reread the theme, rules and judging criteria closely and thoroughly to ensure you have a complete well-conceptualised submission.
The back of the envelope MUST mention your name, age, full address, e-mail address and phone number.
COURIER/POST your artwork* and description to:
The Art Academy
H. No: 9-7-211/2/B,
Plot No: 1 & 2 Green View Enclave,
RTC Colony Road,
Near Mansarovar Heights,
Hyderabad, Telangana 500009
Phone : 091770 66499
Only finalists artwork will be on display.